Safe on Campus
TRU is committed to providing a safe work and learning environment for our faculty, staff and students. As the province transitions through the BC Restart plan, TRU continues to consult with and follow the advice of the Provincial Health Office, the chief medical officer for Interior Health, WorkSafe BC and the other BC post-secondary institutions to ensure that all appropriate mitigation strategies are utilized.
Following the recommendations of the provincial subject matter experts, TRU’s Exposure Control Plan – Communicable Diseases provides the planning and response procedures in the event of a communicable disease outbreak as well as the guiding principles of the ongoing baseline strategies for disease mitigation.
Together, we can create a healthy and safe learning and working environment. Please follow these recommendations and expectations when on campus:
- Before coming to campus each day, please assess yourself and stay home if sick. We’ll see you when you’re healthy.
- Refer to our COVID-19 Return to Class/Work Decision Tree if you or someone you know has COVID-19 or symptoms.
- Unvaccinated members of our community are expected to get tested weekly.
- Any TRU community members, vaccinated or not, are welcome to visit our free on-campus rapid testing clinics.
- WHMIS is a requirement of all on-campus faculty, staff and some students. » Learn more
- Masks are required indoors. » Learn more
- Frequently wash and or sanitize your hands.
- Watch for signage that provides reminders of how we each play an important role in supporting a safe campus environment.
- TRU is regularly cleaning classrooms and high-touch surfaces, and maintaining supplies of sanitizer throughout the campuses.
- TRU’s HVAC system is operating under ASHREA COVID-19 best practices and new MERV air filters have been installed and frequently replaced.