The Writing Centre
All Writing Centre face-to-face appointments are now asynchronous, online appointments. Tutors are ready to help you and support your writing needs! Sign into your Writing Centre account to book your appointment today.Here is a step-by-step guide to booking your online appointment and uploading your essay:
1. Login at: https://tru.mywconline.com and click on an available appointment (white box).
2. Fill in the necessary information in the drop-down menu about your program/course/course level/what you’d like to work on today/due date.
3. In the box that says, “Is there any other information you would like the tutor to know”, please include a detailed description of what you’d like help with, i.e., specific questions or concerns.
4. Next, click maximum of two files. Please upload 1) the assignment outline from your instructor, and 2) your draft. Click CHOOSE FILE, and click SAVE APPOINTMENT.
· Please note: The file with your writing must be in Microsoft Word format (.doc or .docx). Maximum file size: 1 MB.
Online appointments are asynchronous, which means the tutor will make embedded comments in your draft, and then re-upload your paper. When the tutor has reviewed your assignment, you will receive an email notification that it is ready for you to download.
For the latest information on COVID-19 and the impacts to TRU, please visit tru.ca/covid19.
Come visit us in Old Main 1411
Whether you are an undergraduate or graduate student, the Writing Centre can assist you by providing feedback on your writing. Students may receive help with any stage of the writing process: assignment interpretation; generating ideas; creating an outline; lower-order concerns such as sentence structure, grammar, and punctuation; higher-order concerns such as clarity of ideas and soundness of arguments; research and citation; and revision and editing. Our goal is to help you become a better, more confident writer.
Learn more about the Writing Centre
Graduate (master's degree) appointments
Open Learning appointments
Become a tutor
There are several types of tutor opportunities for students in the Writing Centre: work study, honorarium, and volunteering.