The Writing Centre
Undergraduate and Graduate appointments are available to TRU students from Tues. Sept. 8 to Fri. Dec. 18
Here is a step-by-step guide:
1. Login at: https://tru.mywconline.com, and select the "Summer 20" schedule.
2. Click on an available appointment (white box) and fill out the pop-up form.
3. Choose SYNCHRONOUS or ASYNCHRONOUS.
1. Your virtual appointment will be live, person-to-person.
2. You will need a microphone or camera to connect with the tutor.
3. When the appointment begins, you can upload your draft for the tutor to review.
1. Your appointment will NOT be live, person to person.
2. Before the appointment start time, upload a maximum of two Microsoft Word files (a copy of your assignment instructions and your draft).
3. When the tutor has reviewed your assignment, you will receive an email notification that the feedback is ready for download.
For the latest information on COVID-19 and the impacts to TRU, please visit tru.ca/covid19.
Come visit us in Old Main 1411
Whether you are an undergraduate or graduate student, the Writing Centre can assist you by providing feedback on your writing. Students may receive help with any stage of the writing process: assignment interpretation; generating ideas; creating an outline; lower-order concerns such as sentence structure, grammar, and punctuation; higher-order concerns such as clarity of ideas and soundness of arguments; research and citation; and revision and editing. Our goal is to help you become a better, more confident writer.
Learn more about the Writing Centre
Graduate (Master's degree) appointments
Open Learning appointments
Become a tutor
There are several types of tutor opportunities for students in the Writing Centre: work study, honorarium, and volunteering.