Multi Faith Room
Thompson Rivers University offers a private and quiet space for students, faculty and staff to reflect, pray and meditate.
The area is comprised of two rooms: the North Room (OM 2496) and South Room (OM 2494), as well as a storage space for supplies and materials you may want to keep on-site.
Groups wanting to engage in a shared spiritual practice may book one of the spaces by visiting the Student Services Receptionist at OM 1631, or by calling 250-828-5014. (While the North Room is generally made available for Muslim prayer, other Faith groups requiring a larger area may book this space for their spiritual practice.)
This space is not a) a chapel, church, mosque or temple; b) a bookable classroom; c) a lounge; (it is not a place for individuals to meet and have conversations) d) a library or study hall.
The calendar of available times will be posted each month outside the South door at OM 2494. Additionally, when the rooms are booked, a note will appear on this calendar:
- This room is to be accessible to all members of the TRU community.
- The space is not associated with any one faith group.
- No one group is to monopolize the designated time set aside for group bookings.
- The room is used only for the designated purposes.
- The room is to be well maintained.
- Issues with use of the room can be raised with the Chaplaincy (Room OM 1421) or by emailing email@example.com.
- No promotional posters, pamphlets, or business cards will be placed in the room.
Code of conduct
- No talking, singing or discussion, with the exception of groups booking the space.
- No food or drink.
- No candles. (They are a fire hazard.)
- No scented items. (Please keep the environment scent free.)
- Be respectful of others already in the room. Silent prayer is expected. (Unless you are the sole occupant, or have a group booking.)
- If too many are in the room, please return at a different time.
- Take off street shoes as you enter and place shoes in designated area.
- Prayer carpet is to be unrolled for use and when done, must be re-rolled and put away.
- Be respectful of others and these facilities.
- Please keep the rooms clean.