Advanced Diploma in Management
The Advanced Diploma in Management program provides a practical exposure to the business and management skills required in today's workplace. It is designed for you if your post-secondary diploma is in a field other than business or management and you have at least two years of work experience.
This diploma can ladder into both the Bachelor or Commerce and the Bachelor of General Studies programs.
Completion of at least 60 credits of post-secondary studies and two years of relevant work or volunteer experience.
If you have fewer than 60 formal post-secondary credits, you may request an evaluation of your experiential learning through a PLAR assessment.
Introductory financial accounting and introductory marketing courses are prerequisites or corequisites.
A minimum of nine TRU credits (distance or on-campus)
45 credits, with a minimum GPA of 2.00 (a grade of C) in all courses required to complete this credential, as follows:
- FNCE 2121, Financial Management (3)
- ACCT 2251, Management Accounting (3)
- BLAW 2911, Commercial Law (3)
- BBUS 3611, Open Thinking (3)
- BBUS 3631, Open Communication: Effective Communication Skills (3)
- MNGT 3731, Leadership (3)
- BBUS 3661, Strategic Human Resource Management (3)
- BBUS 3671, Contemporary Leadership (3)
- MNGT 3711, Business Ethics and Society (3)
- MKTG 4451, E-Commerce (3)
- MNGT 4711, Decision Analysis (3)
- MNGT 4751, Project Management (6)
- ENTR 4751, New Venture Creation (3)
- BBUS 4833, Effective Leadership (3)
Consult with your program advisor to ensure that the courses you select can be applied toward the program requirements of your chosen credential.
Also, before you register in a course not listed on the OL website, you must apply for a letter of permission. Otherwise, you may find that either course credits cannot be applied to your program or you must pay a transcript reassessment fee.