Competition for admission to the Veterinary Technology Open Learning program is extremely intensive and meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee admission into the program.
- Grade 12 or equivalent
- English Studies 12 or English First Peoples 12 or equivalent, with a minimum of C+
- Foundations of Mathematics 11 or equivalent, with a minimum of C+
- Life Sciences 11 (formerly Biology 11) or equivalent, with a minimum of C+
- Strongly recommend Anatomy and Physiology 12 (formerly Biology 12) or BIOL 0600 as in the first semester students must have a working knowledge of animal anatomy to perform physical examinations including eye and ear exams on live patients, under the supervision of a clinical mentor. For patient safety, tasks such as understanding anatomical locations and basic physiology MUST be developed prior to the program to ensure student success.
*** Must meet the minimum of educational requirements to be considered for this program. ***
Any pre-requisite courses in progress MUST be completed with an official transcript submitted before Nov. 1 of the year prior to the January start date.
- Proof of Canadian citizenship (copy of birth certificate or passport) or copy of permanent resident status card (Mandatory)
- Three reference forms (required)
- If educated in a country where English is not an official language – accepted English Language Proficiency test results
- Completed Clinic Affiliation Package
- Validation form of working in a CVMA accredited mixed or small animal veterinary clinic for a minimum of 260 paid hours per semester.
- Health & Safety awareness form
- Orientation questionnaire
- Up-to-date vaccination record, including rabies
All required courses and admission documents must be completed and submitted by the application deadline