Plan an Event
If you have a great idea for an event, we would love to hear your proposal. We are looking for students, faculty or staff to host an event that relates directly to the theme of Celebrating Sustainability, Culture, Diversity and Innovation.
IDays 2020 will explore these themes as a means to better understand how Kamloops is embedded in a wider regional and global exchange of culture, commerce, and ideas, and how the local connects to the global. To build on the tradition of integrating the UN's Sustainable Development Goals into the week's events, IDays will link the local to the global, and highlight the importance of:
- Sustainable Cities and Communities
- Access to Quality Education
- Peace, Justice and Strong Institutions
- Partnership as a Means to Achieve Goals
Whether you know exactly what your event is going to be or if you just have a great idea, let us know. Should your event be chosen, we will assist with event coordination and marketing.
Ideas for events
- Debate (award prize)
- Displays (research, posters, etc.)
- Scholar presentation
- 15-minute IDays talk (Student Street)
- Video with discussion
- Art exhibits
- Monologue contest
- Interactive events
- Display (active projects, current work, etc.)
- Fairs (sustainable energy, humanitarian, etc.)
- Experiential learning activities (field clinic, world scenario, etc.)
In order to maintain high calibre events supported by the university, we would like to invite participants to create events that truly reflect the intercultural and international nature of our campuses and programs. The selection process will be based on the following:
- Event is relevant to the IDays 2020 theme and to at least one of the four featured SDGs.
- Event seeks to share one or more:
- Intercultural understanding
- Global issues or experiences
- International or cultural perspectives
- Event will attract broad audience or TRU and Kamloops community
Proposals can be submitted until Jan. 17, 2020, at 4:30 p.m. However, there is limited space available, so we encourage you to apply as soon as possible.