Microsoft 365 Information
What is Microsoft 365?
Microsoft 365 (previously known as Office 365) is a cloud-based subscription product from Microsoft. Aside from well-known Office apps such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, Microsoft 365 provides great collaborative apps like OneDrive and Teams. Editing documents, finding files, and collaborating with co-workers is all made easier with Microsoft 365. See below to find out more!
Why is TRU migrating to Microsoft 365?
Microsoft 365 combines the traditional Office 365 features with Enterprise Mobility + Security and Windows 10. The motive for selecting M365 is to promote collaboration in the remote working environment. With Microsoft Teams at its centre, TRU employees can easily connect with other faculty staff and students. Some of the benefits using M365 are:
- Free for TRU faculty and students – no extra fees attached!
- Up-to-date Office suite software anywhere, any time – Word, PowerPoint, Excel, OneDrive, etc.
- No need to download apps onto local device – can use them from the web!
- 1 Terabyte of storage space in OneDrive – much bigger than any TRU server drives!
- OneDrive access without the use of VPN – no need to store in H or O drives!
- Top of the line security for data stored online – in compliance with TRU security!
- Easy collaboration using the familiar apps – with other faculty or students!
- Instant communication with MS Teams – of course, with faculty or students!
- Easy management of files, tasks, and online meetings – all in one app!
If I am having issues or have questions about the migration, who do I contact?
For any technical issues contact IT: https://www.tru.ca/its/contact.html
For questions relating to the project contact the project team by email: TRU365@tru.ca