Financial Aid and Awards
TRU offers a comprehensive range of programs to both assist students in financing their educational and living costs and to recoginze academic excellence. Financial support can be a combination of bursaries, scholarships, awards, work-study, loans and grants.
TRU Williams Lake offers scholarships and awards that are specific to the Williams Lake Campus. These awards can be found at Student Awards and Financial Support.
TRU Grit Entrance Awards
TRU Grit is a group of local community members in Williams Lake committed to supporting post-secondary education in the Cariboo. Every year they hold a gala, with all proceeds from the event going towards Scholarships and Awards for students planning on attending the TRU Williams Lake Campus. Generally, awards range between $500 and $2,000.
Applications are now open for the 2019 TRU Grit Awards. Decisions will be sent out to applicants by the beginning of the Fall 2019 semester. Please note: only applicants selected to receive an award will be notified.
Application Deadline: July 31, 2019
Completed award applications and packages can be scanned and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, completed packages can also be dropped off or mailed to the TRU Williams Lake Campus (1250 Western Avenue, Williams Lake, BC V2G 1H7), Attention: Reta Langlands. The deadline to apply is July 31, 2019.
To be eligible for the TRU Grit Entrance Award, applicants must:
- Be a student attending a full-time or part-time post-secondary program at Thompson Rivers University - Williams Lake Campus. First-time students will be given priority, but all applications will be considered
- Hold a 70 percent average or better in two Grade 12 semesters
- Be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident
- Students who demonstrate a financial need will be given a higher priority
- Students who have received other TRU Entrance Awards are not eligible for this award
The awards will be applied as a tuition reduction at the start of classes in the Fall 2019 semester. The remaining balance will be applied as a tuition reduction for the Winter 2020 semester.