Education and Social Work Menu
How to Apply
- Application form
- Reference letter
- Work and volunteer form
- High school/post-secondary transcript(s) ordered to be sent to TRU
Complete a TRU application through EducationPlannerBC. Please note: A credit card is required to pay for the application fee.
- Sign up for an EducationPlannerBC account or login.
- Under Program Selection - Program Choice, When do you want to start
- your program, select - Fall 2022.
- Under Select your Program Level, choose Certificate.
- Under Select your program, choose Education Skills.
Complete the application form and submit.
TRU Future Students can help with the online application process. Connect with them by email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 250-828-5006
TRU Admissions will send an email within five business days of applying through EducationPlannerBC to request the following documents:
This is for your reference to fill out. References can be a teacher, a previous employer, an agency representative where you may have volunteered. The reference person cannot be a family member.
Work and volunteer experience form
This is for you to fill out.
Both attached forms may be downloaded and saved to the computer, filled in by typing directly onto the forms and then they must be saved again. Alternatively, the form(s) may be printed, filled in by hand by you and your reference person, then scanned and saved. Email the completed forms to email@example.com.
All official high school and post-secondary transcripts from your earlier or current studies must be sent to Thompson Rivers University from the issuing institution(s). Current TRU students do not need to provide their TRU transcript.
Current high school students
Submit an official interim transcript showing completed courses and any courses in currently in progress. We will require the final transcript when your courses are completed.
BC high school students
You may request a transcript from the Ministry of Education: Student Transcripts Service (STS). More than one download must be requested to ensure we receive final grades before the start of classes. To match your official downloaded high school transcript to your application, TRU will require your Provincial Education Number (PEN). If you did not include your PEN on your application, contact firstname.lastname@example.org to provide it.
Qualified applicants will be scheduled for an interview. The most important criteria for being accepted into this program is the desire to find employment. The other factors considered are:
- The ability to work independently without direct supervision
- The ability to communicate effectively
- The ability to manage own transportation to and from TRU and work placements
- References from paid or voluntary work experience