Students are required to pay a tuition deposit prior to registering for fall and winter semester courses.
The tuition deposit is applied as a payment toward tuition fees.
If fees are paid through a bank, allow seven working days for the payment to be applied to your TRU account. The system checks to see if the commitment fee has been paid prior to allowing you to register.
How much is my tuition deposit?
- Canadian Citizens and Permanent Residents:
- $300 tuition deposit for open programs
- $300 tuition deposit for returning students to limited or selective programs
- $500 for new students to limited or selective programs
- International students:
- Undergraduate programs (fall/winter) - $7,107
- Undergraduate programs (summer) – full tuition
- Post-baccalaureate (fall/winter) - $5,000
- Post-baccalaureate (summer) – full tuition
- Graduate programs (except continuation and extension semesters) - $5,000
- Graduate programs (thesis/project continuation and extension semesters) – full extension fees
Sponsored students are not required to pay the tuition deposit before registration provided a tuition sponsorship application has been approved by TRU before the time of registration.
University preparation students
Domestic BC students admitted to the University Preparation program are not required to pay a tuition deposit, as this program is tuition free for domestic BC students. Students admitted to other preparatory programs and students admitted to a post-secondary program who are enrolling in preparatory courses who have an approved Adult Upgrading Grant application for the current term are not required to pay a deposit.