A field school is a TRU course for credit or non-credit offered in another country. Because field schools take place outside the traditional classroom, they are:
- Low cost based on group travel rates
- Great for first-time travellers
- Great for students wishing to join a short-term trip
- Great opportunity to visit a new country
About TRU field schools
- Led by a TRU faculty member
- Vary between 2 to 6 weeks
- For-credit schools can be applied to program or degree
- Open to all campus and Open Learing students
- Open to students not attending TRU
- Most operate during in April, May and June
- Field Schools are supported by but not operated by the Study Abroad Centre
- All students approved by faculty qualify automatically for the International Mobility Award
Want to learn more about these upcoming field schools? It's easy!
Join us Thursday, Oct. 3, on Student Street in Old Main at our Local to Global Village Fair. Think of this as your next adventure — easy credits and a new lens for learning beyond the classroom. Don't miss out — spaces are limited.
Upcoming field schools
|SOBE Innovation Field School||Breda and Amsterdam, Netherlands||Winter 2020 - reading break||Nov. 29, 2019||Feb. 14-23, 2020|
|SOBE Economics Field School||Malaga, Spain||Winter 2020 - reading break||Nov. 29, 2019||Feb. 14-23, 2020|
|Natural Resource Sciences, Faculty of Science||Belize, Central America||Spring 2020||November 2019 (TBC)||April 26 to May 10, 2020|
|Modern Languages||Tokyo, Japan||Spring 2020||Jan. 17, 2020||May 2020|
|Tourism Summer Field School||Montespertoli, Italy||Summer Session One||February 2020 (TBC)||May 2020|
Other short-term Study Abroad opportunities
Another fantastic resource for TRU students to go abroad is with the British Columbia Study Abroad (BCSA) Consortium. BCSA offers short-term study abroad opportunities and scholarships, and will help you apply to your program of choice.